This is where I get to be me -- whomever I am on that particular day.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's up with this happy shit?

I've been noticing myself doing a lot of spontaneous laughing the last several months. Not chortling or giggling or any of that shit. Out and out laughing. Laughing! Just from being happy. Very unusual for me. I've never been what you could call a happy person, but the last year, since I've started writing regularly, everything has changed.

Looking up at the sky, seeing those huge flocks of birds, a triangle of geese heading wherever the hell they're heading, watching Teddie and Max play. I'm just freaking happy. And it's a lot of the time.

I'm sitting here thinking, yeah, I'm happy and I'm not going to second-guess it. I'm going to enjoy it, let it carry me gently along, or not so gently, depending on the situation. It feels wonderful. Like being stoned, except no loss of brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't know why he's clothed in the shower, and don't care.

Don't know why he's clothed in the shower, and don't care.
Freaking LOVE this picture!